Tito’s Long Weekend Lemon Pound Cake
If you’re looking for a sweet, boozy treat for a long weekend BBQ, bake up a loaf of this Tito’s Lemon Pound Cake, created by Austin’s mobile bakeshop, Casa de Glaze (soon they’ll be making deliveries in downtown Austin by bicycle!). There’s a healthy serving of Tito’s Handmade Vodka both in the cake and the glaze, which both perfects the texture and adds some extra zing to the flavor.
This summery lemon dessert is delicious on its own, or you can top it off with ice cream and fresh berries and pair it with an All American Lemonade or a Tito’s All Time Favorite. Why not try a piece for brunch along with a Tito’s Screwdriver? What are long weekends for anyway? Doesn’t make you a bad person.
- 1/2 cup Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon peel
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, butter and cream cheese until very light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, lemon peel, and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl, mix well and add half of the flour ingredients to the butter/egg mixture. Mix. Add all of the wet ingredients (milk and Tito’s Handmade Vodka). Mix. Add all remaining dry flour ingredients. Mix well. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; invert onto serving plate. Slice into 1 inch slices.
- Glaze: In small bowl, mix sugar and Tito’s Handmade Vodka. Gradually add lemon juice until desired consistency; mix until smooth. Stir in lemon peel; drizzle over warm cake. Garnish with lemon slices or lemon peel if desired.
Recipe from Jenny Grayson, Owner, Baker & Dessert Maker at Casa de Glaze Bakeshop