Umami Beef & Mushroom Crepes with Vodka Tomato Creme & Macerated Pears for dessert
This main course and dessert recipe round out our holiday dinner ideas from Wendy Jo that included Tito’s Handmade Vodka in the prep!
Here’s to a beautiful holiday season spent with friends and family. Savor the moments and let us know if you served any of our dishes at email@example.com. We would love to know how it went!
Umami Beef & Mushroom Crepes with Vodka Tomato Crème
Serves 10-12 crepes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
Vodka Cream Sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8- 12 ounces beef sirloin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and process for 30 seconds. Let batter rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To cook crepes, heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and brush with oil. Pour 1/4 cup of crepe batter into pan, tilting pan in order to completely coat the surface of the pan. Cook 2 to 5 minutes, turning only once, until golden. Remove from pan & repeat with remaining batter until all crepes are prepared (about 10-12 crepes).
To make Tito’s Handmade Vodka Cream Sauce:
- In a skillet, heat olive oil, butter, and onions over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add in garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add in Tito’s Handmade Vodka and tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and gently stir in the cream. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper, then grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, set aside to rest for 10 minutes prior to slicing.
- In a heavy skillet, melt butter over medium high heat and add in garlic and sliced mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice steaks against the grain about ¼” thick. Add sliced steaks to mushrooms and toss gently. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss in parsley.
To assemble crepes:
- Have a serving platter ready. Lay a crepe onto a flat surface and fill with ¼ cup of filling. Roll up the crepe and place seam side down on platter. Continue with remaining crepes. Complete platter by pouring on Tito’s Handmade Vodka Cream Sauce or serve the sauce on the side.
- Note: Crepes can be held warm without sauce in an oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes. Cover with a towel or foil while warming.
Macerated Pears with Cinnamon Ricotta Crème
- 4 pears, cored and cut into ¼” slices
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves or pinch of ground cloves
- ½ cup Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- Ricotta Cinnamon Crème
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mint (optional for garnishing)
- In a saucepan stir together sugar, water, cinnamon stick, and cloves and bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vodka. Pour mixture over pears and allow mixture to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Next, with a mixer, blender, or food processor whip up ricotta, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until blended, about 30 seconds. Chill ricotta crème until ready to serve.
- To serve: Place ¼ cup ricotta mixture in the bottom of a martini glass and top with 1 cup of macerated pears. Top with fresh mint.
- Note: Reserve syrup can be used in future cocktails!